In this episode, you will learn about Nicole’s journey with burnout and how she was able to overcome it. Nicole shares her 5 tips on how to balance work and family life.
Nicole Wallace is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate, she earned my bachelor’s degree in Psychology and my bachelor’s degree in Elementary School Education from Southern Connecticut State University. She earned a Master of Education degree in School Counseling in 2003 from North Carolina State University. After school counseling, she worked as a mentor mom, a speaker coordinator for a support group, and a group therapy facilitator for nonprofit domestic violence organization. She is a certified Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT), provider.
She currently working at Path to Hope Counseling in private practice. She also part-time as an elementary school counselor, and in the evenings as an out-patient therapist for NuMe Counseling and Consulting providing TF-CBT to children.
What We’ll Learn
- Additional Causes of Burnout
5 Tips on How to Balance Work & Family Life
1) Time Management & Scheduling strategies through using a family calendar, setting boundaries, meal planning, & chores
2) Practice Self-Care: Intentional 15 minute practices, how to transition from work to home, engaging in things you enjoy, integrating practices into your daily routine
3) Save the therapy for therapy! Stay and be present in whatever role you are, not always being “on”
4) Remember your spouse or partner is not always there to vent on. (Giving my spouse my best self) Consider getting your own therapy.
5) Forgive yourself for mistakes you made
You can learn more about Nicole at https://www.pathtohopecounseling.com.
The story of the Trouble Tree https://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/2001/05/the-trouble-tree.aspx
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for taking the time to listen to today’s podcast. If you found today’s episode to be helpful, please share it with your colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Also, please consider leaving a rating and review on Itunes to reach more Healthcare providers who could benefit from this podcast.
Also, consider signing up for the Nothing Left to Give Podcast’s Newsletter. In this bi-monthly newsletter, you will gain valuable tips on overcoming burnout, staying healthy and holistic self-care tips. You will also get a FREE copy of my guide “How to get your Life on Track After Burnout”. You can sign up below.